Monday, April 12, 2010

Terryl

It's not Terryl's birthday, or our anniversary or any other special occasion, so you may wonder, "Why the tribute?" I know, mind blowing, but I just felt that I wanted to let everyone know just how great of a husband and father he is. Our start on married life was not even close to being ideal. And yet I never questioned if Terryl would stay by my side. We continued to struggle that year, life just was having a time throwing this and that at us. But we prevailed. And for the moment, we are blessed beyond our comprehension. So through all this Terryl has been wonderful. And as we have had some peaceful times this year, we have finally been able to start just enjoying one another and Maddi. He is a constant motivator to me to be better. He is so willing to try and adjust to situations. This may sound odd a little but he is the greatest at admitting when he was wrong. I don't say that to say that he is wrong and I am always right, but admitting you were wrong in a situation is something many people aren't able to do. I know that I am one that struggles to admit that I was wrong. So he shows by example how I and all of us really need to be, humble enough to be corrected. Terryl never gives himself enough credit, but he deserves a ton. I know that I am not always the most accommodating person to live with. And even with my health problems, he is so willing to help where it is needed. From the moment that Madalynn was born, he has wanted to be just as involved with her as I was. He does a fantastic job with her, and has taken many many night shifts for me even when he works the next day. He does go above and beyond for me. I am truly blessed to be married to him. And to have his example in my life. Madalynn is so lucky to have him as a father, because no one will try harder than he will. He has the ability to make me laugh and that is always a good trait. We works hard for our family and does it so willingly. I really do feel spoiled at times with how I am treated by him. I just can't express enough how much I love him. I am constantly being reminded of how lucky and blessed I am to have him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really are very happy people!