Saturday, May 15, 2010

Just My Thoughts

This post was suppose to be this venting post about incompetent doctors, I had a lot of passion behind it because I spent a weekend dealing with them. But instead I wanted to write some of my thoughts I have had this morning. I feel that for the most part I am able to separate what is really important and needs attention to and what really doesn't matter in the long run. This weekend I let what doesn't really matter take over. Yes I had to go twice to the doctor for the same thing, because the other one messed up, but it wasn't that big of a deal in perspective, people make mistakes. I have just been reflecting on the past and the present as well, and I realize how often we do set our focus or energy on things that will not matter in the eternities. I can get so tunnel vision on things that they begin to take on a bigger importance then they really are. I look at Madalynn and she is learning everyday something new about what she can do. She has moments of being fussy, but is generally happy and content. As long as her basic needs are met and she knows and feels protected and loved, she is happy. Everyone of us will face situations in our lives that will make us stop and reflect on what the important things in life are, either from your own experiences or from others around you. But those thoughts shouldn't be so sporadic, we all can strive to keep the eternal focus everyday, and it will be hard, and we wont be perfect, but I think that the more we do, the happier we will be. It's the little non-important things at times that get us upset, frustrated, angry. I want to be able to keep my focus and make sure that my home is a place where only the really important, eternal things are a focus. I hope to teach Maddi what those are so that she can continue on living a happy life. We each are so blessed, if you just stop to think about it for a moment, we have so much goodness that is around us. It makes this weekend and others seem like such a waste of my time, I could have been doing something that was more eternally important, instead of getting frustrated with a situation that I probably wont remember two months from now. I'm rambling, I guess this is more for me than anyone else, but stop everything and evaluate your priorities and rearrange them if needed, and begin again today, with a better outlook on life because we have it so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really are very happy people!