Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Check off my "To Do List"

I have usually been more motivated to blog about what is going on, but I have been just to tired with life, that it gets put on the back burner. So I am blogging now to check this off my list for a little while. I will try to remember all that has been happening.
I am still trying to get Signing Time Classes going...more effort than I first thought, but I am still super motivated! Terryl has been working some longer hours it seems these past few weeks, and Maddi, well she is busy playing and learning about the world.
This past Sunday, Terryl and I had to give talks in church. That was my first time talking in that ward, and the first time in about 6 years! Love it! We were super glad to have it over with and we had some family come out to support us, which was so appreciated.
Madalynn got her first really bad cold. Oh, it was so much fun! The poor thing could not breath out of that little nose no matter what I tried! So we had a couple of rough nights, but she bounced back pretty fast. Also we are still doing physical therapy on her neck. I felt that we weren't making progress any more, and the collar that was fitted for her...lets say was not doing it's job, it was a sucking toy for Maddi. I don't think that is why they made the collar. So, I decided to take her care into my own hands and go the route that I wanted. I haven't been impressed with her pediatrician so I didn't involve him. I found a doctor who deals with torticollis in children, she wasn't taking new patients, but her other associates were at Primary Children's Hospital. So we made an appointment. I was so happy to have a doctor that dealt with torticollis in children evaluate Madalynn. She agreed that if the physical therapy hadn't work by now that it was time to try other options. So the next step... Botox, yup the stuff people fill their wrinkles with. It sounded kind of funny but made a lot of sense. The botox relaxes the muscles so that they don't contract. So we got that done the next week, and even that day you could tell a huge difference! We now are doing physical therapy once a week and a lot more therapy at home, and finally was able to get a collar that fits her. The botox last at least 3 mo. So we hope by the time it is gone, she will have a straight neck! I am not sure what I did, but apparently I got an appt with the doc super fast and the botox done way fast. The PT told me that there is a boy waiting until the end of Oct. to get his botox! We were super blessed to get this going so fast!
So I think those are the main things lately, Madalynn's personality is just getting so much fun. She is really such a character, a very happy one! It makes life so much fun!
This is the bear that she received at Primary Children's for being such a good girl, it's about as big as she is!
Believe it or not, she is in there. That is her favorite blanket because she can stick her toes and fingers through it. And she has developed this need to cover her head as she is going to sleep, I'm just glad this blanket has holes for her to breath out of!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really are very happy people!