Friday, January 8, 2010
It has taken me longer that planned to get to the blogging. The past couple of weeks with being a new mom have been interesting. I don't think I have been this tired ever! I think I get her on a schedule and then she pulls a fast one and switches it all up again. But besides the extreme sleepiness, it is a joy to be a mom and to have Madalynn in our home. She has a very sweet temperament for the most part. Terryl has been home for the past 3 weeks, and goes back to work on Monday. Little nervous about that..me alone all day with her and no breaks. But we have had a talk and she told me that she will be on her best behavior.
A little about the day she was born. I was induced at 5:30am and didn't deliver until 6:19pm. It was a long, long day. When it was time to start pushing I had no idea what I was doing. I was numb from the waist down and when he said push I thought, "Push what, how??" The first couple tries he told me that was not a push if I was still able to smile afterwards. My doctor was great, he seemed to know how to get my goat. Which helped me to get in the right frame of mind to get the labor over with. When she finally arrived it was the most amazing experience. It truly took my breath away at the sight of her. I couldn't believe she was here and healthy.
Days following I had a lot of help from Terryl and family. It was very needed, and hated to see it end. It was wonderful having all the extra hands around.
We try to have Madalynn up for small periods of time so that she will sleep better at night. If it was her choice she could sleep all day. So we do what we call "Floor Time". Which at this stage of development is her lying on a blanket and watching her favorite musical glowing seahorse. Its very exciting!
There have been so many things that I continue to learn and improve on. I"m sure that it will continue like that for many years to come. As you will be able to see, her favorite past time is sleeping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
We really are very happy people!