Friday, January 15, 2010

Madalynn has officially been with us for three weeks, it really feels like she has always been apart of our family. We find it hard to look at her and not just smile, she radiates joy. I have been so tired, to the point of tears. I'm sure other mothers can relate. So my sweet husband came home one night with dinner and a McFlurry (they are my favorites!!) and took Madalynn while I ate. Then he told me that he would take the night shift for the next couple of nights so that I could catch up. It was wonderful to get a full nights sleep. I feel so much better and full of a lot more energy. I was so grateful for Terryls willingness to help me out. We also had a doctors appt for Madalynn this past week regarding her hearing. She didn't pass her hearing test in her left ear so they wanted to retest it a few weeks later. I was sort of nervous that something may be wrong with her hearing, but she passed with flying colors! I was very relieved.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to being so tired. The first night Ainslie cried the whole night. It does get easier though. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stef she is so cute. The first month is the hardest when I think back on those times it makes me scared for another one. It passes though and I don't know if you get more sleep or get used to living with a little less but eventually you stop feeling so tired. But you look at there cute faces and somehow it all becomes so worth it.

    ReplyDelete

We really are very happy people!