Monday, March 29, 2010

I Need No Greater Witness

We can all agree that there is something sweet and special about a new baby. They are so pure and straight from the arms of our Heavenly Father. As a new baby, their ability to focus on an object for more than a second or two is typical. Before Madalynn was born I worked hard on her room to make sure it was a place where she would feel safe. I bought a picture of Christ hugging a little girl. It's beautiful. So as I hold my baby in my arms and her head turns to look at the picture, she will stare at Christ for as long as I stand there. You can tell that she sees a familiar face, a comforting face. She can be so upset and crying, and I stand in front of that picture and she will settle down. She knows her friend, and He is able to bring her peace. I know my Madalynn is an angel to me, but she is also a testimony builder of the reality of Christ. A small child can recognize her friend and Savior whom she just left. I need no great witness.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. My kids could say Jesus around the same time they learned to say Mommy and Daddy. They know.

    ReplyDelete

We really are very happy people!