Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Maddi

About a month and a half ago I started to notice that Madalynn always had her head tilted to the left. Its how she would sleep and would only turn her head fully to the right. I did some research on the internet seeing if it was a problem or if most babies have a favorite side. Well after her 2mo. visit it was confirmed that she has what is called Torticallis,or crooked neck. Come to find out it is not all that uncommon in babies. But it has to be corrected or the muscles wont grow as they should and she wouldn't be able to hold her head straight. So we had some x-rays taken to make sure that her vertebraes in her neck were fine. (which they were). So the next step for us is physical therapy. Primary Childrens Hospital has a clinic here in Bountiful for physical therapy, so it turns our to be very close to our home. We met with the PT today and she evaluated Maddi to see where she was at. Good news is that she doesn't any issues with the shape of her head, which many children do. She has a beautiful round head! ( O : The PT did some stretches with Maddi and then showed me how to do them. We have to do the stretches about 3 times a day, and then we will meet with the PT again next week. After a couple of weeks of seeing the PT every week we will move to every other week until the Torticallis is resolved. So I am really glad that we caught this early, so nothing has affected her head, and I believe the torticallis will be easier to resolve. She doesn't seem to mind the stretches to much, as long as she is distracted by some toy. Before we went to the PT I had looked up some of the stretches that they do to correct this. I had already started to stretch with Maddi and I thought that the stretching that I have done, you are able to see small improvements. So with a PT I am very optomistic that we will be able to correct this quickly. Other than that, Maddi is happy as could be, and just as adorable if not more so now. Everyday she develops more and more. She discovered her hand the other day so now she likes to stick her fist in her mouth and suck on it. ( O :

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really are very happy people!