Yesterday I attended my Grandpa Snow's funeral. I know that we are mortal and death is part of this mortal life, but it almost seemed that Grandpa Snow was above death. With that said, his passing has been difficult. Even at an old age, my grandpa was a strong man in every sense of the word. Grandpa Snow played a more involved roll in our lives than most grandpas do. We (meaning my siblings) were the only grandchildren. We never had cousins to take away any of the attention. We have always lived close to him and had many great moments with him growing up. Our relationship with our grandparents is unique, I believe. Grandpa seemed so healthy up until the last few months of his life. Death seemed to just jump upon him, there wasn't a slow decline in health like it seems most elderly people experience. It really felt like he was here one day, strong as usual and the next he had passed. Many great blessings were experienced during his last few weeks here on this earth. There are many moments that I will treasure for the rest of my life. He was a sweet man, a happy man, and one of the greatest men that I have known. His funeral was just how he would have wanted it, it was just our immediate family. It's how he lived his life and it seemed just perfect to just be surrounded by those same people. I know he was very happy with how things were done.
I miss him terribly. It's been harder than I could have imagined. But I know that he is so happy and healthy now. It only seems right that he should go first in our family to prepare for the rest of us to come one day as an eternal family. It gives me peace to know that he is watching over his family still. I wish that Madalynn would be able to remember him, along with my future children. I can't wait to tell stories about this wonderful man!

I'm sorry about your grandpa's passing. It's such a blessing to be so close to your grandparents your whole life and have them be such a part of you. On the other hand, the loss is felt more keenly when they go. Regarding your future children, I firmly believe he'll know them even before you do. Isn't it such a blessing that families really can be together forever?
ReplyDeleteLuv, Aunt Debbi
Oh Stef. I am so sorry for your loss! Hang in there. Its okay to feel pain and saddness - but in the end hold on to the comfort of the gospel. You will be together again!
ReplyDeleteRochelle