Monday, October 19, 2009
Might As Well
I seem to have plenty of time on my hands these days so I thought an update was in order. Well during conference weekend I started having contractions. When I called the doc on call he was very quick to tell me to come in and make sure I wasn't in labor. So we headed to the hospital and what do you know... I was in labor and dilated to a 1. Not exactly what you want to hear at 27 weeks! They started me on steroids to help speed up the baby's lung development. Then I was put on two other drugs to help stop the contractions. They finally calmed down a little around midnight that night, so they moved me upstairs to a better room where I would be staying... I eventually was told that I would probably be staying in the hospital until she was born due to all the health issues I have had in the past and the contractions. Yeah that was a shocker. After a week at the hospital and not progressing but still having contractions they felt ok to let me go home as long as I stayed on bed rest.
So I am trying to be a good mother and stay down for Madalynn's sake. Keeping her put is the most important thing, even if its at the sacrifice of my sanity! Terryl has been great! He is the do it all man, while I lay here cooking our child to a healthy state. He has been finishing the pantry, which is looking great. He and Alexander have been forced into a new relationship as the caretaker.
Well to all those who have ever been on bed rest, I have the greatest respect for you! Any entertainment ideas are always welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I colored pictures for all my co-workers! Hey they brought me crayons and a coloring book what did they expect. I actually did a lot of coloring, crossword puzzles and TV.
ReplyDeleteYay for an update! I was wondering when you were going to get around to doing that in all of your spare time! Ha ha!! Best of luck on the bed rest, you are doing great!
ReplyDeleteI'll come entertain you Thursday. Besides that, maybe I'll bring you a surprise to help keep your mind off the fact that you've been layning in bed for days on end! Keep it up, the end result will totally be worth it! Love you!
ReplyDelete