Saturday, November 21, 2009

I'm Really Ready...Really

Well I have made it to 34 weeks! Which I am so grateful for, and I have great hopes that we will make it to term. But that doesn't mean that I don't wish the days to please fly by so it can be over and we can finally have her here! I have never claimed to have great patience, so I'm really anxious to have this pregnancy done. I always pictured myself this woman that would breeze through pregnancy, love every moment, and think that being pregnant is about the greatest thing. I have come to find out, that I am not that woman. Me and pregnancy aren't really friends come to find out. Luckily pregnancy and I do have one common goal, to get a wonderful little spirit into our home. So really its a love/hate relationship that we have come to accept. I am not very big compared to most women at 34 weeks, but I have to say it isn't all easy being little either. Having the same sized baby as most, so compactly inside causes a lot of issues. There seems to be so much that is pinched, poked and pulled that should never be. So even though it make look like there is not much there, there is a whole lot going on inside! Things have been going pretty well with the pregnancy since my last hospital visit, up until Wednesday night/Thursday. I started having some major back labor pains, cramping like no other, and throwing up. Which if you know me, it takes a lot to make me sick enough to throw up. After calling the doctor he told me that I should go into labor and delivery to be checked out. So off we went. I got there around 8 am and around 12:30 pm I was released. I was having contractions every 3-5 min, with a lot of back labor, but nothing was really progressing, so they sent me home. So I have stayed down for the most part, trying to keep things calm as long as possible. I really hope that we don't have a repeat of the hospital visit until the real thing. It's all a little draining both physically and emotionally. So other than that little adventure, things have been going great. Madalynn is doing great, so that is all that really counts at this point. I hope the next post I do will have cute little pictures of our sweet Maddi! ( O :

2 comments:

  1. Stef I am glad you are doing so well and being so positive. I think it is great that you are 34 weeks just a couple more weeks and her lungs will be ready to go. You should take a belly picture! I'm praying for an easy delivery, healthy baby and a great recovery. Do they know how big Madelyn is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Stef!! I am so proud of you. Can't wait to see both of you together!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We really are very happy people!