Saturday, February 20, 2010

Got to Keep it Interesting

Well life was beginning to become all to normal for the Crow family, and you all know from the past few years we do "love" to keep things interesting. So about a week ago I decided that it would be fun to have a gallbladder attack and go to the ER.(I have really missed that place) There we discovered that I had a gallstone. So they told me to avoid any foods that had fat in them until I could talk with the surgeon and schedule a time to get my gallbladder out. Does anyone realize just how many foods there are that don't have fat in them? Not many. I felt like I was starving for a week. So we ended up scheduling the surgery for this past Thurs. I have endured open heart surgery and yet I was pretty nervous to have this surgery. I decided that with the open heart surgery, I had no idea I was going into surgery and I was put out long before they ever took me back to do the surgery. It's a different experience to be wheeled in there and see everything. But the surgery went great and I am gallbladder free. The recovery process has been harder than I thought. I mean the gallbladder isn't that big, and they just made a few wholes, no real cutting. But come to find out, it hurts! ( O: Thanks to pain medications life has been bearable. I have slept the days away really. Today I feel much less pain than yesterday so that is good. Maddi spent the night with her Grandma and Grandpa Snow and came home yesterday. So Terryl has been taking care of her. That's been hard too, not really being able to hold her. But I hope with each day that the pain with just continue to get better. I'm so glad that its over with and done. I think NOW the Crow family is ready for the "regular" life. We'll see how long that actually lasts for us. ( O :

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really are very happy people!