Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ring Around the Roseola

So yesterday Madalynn and I went about our day doing some shopping. She was in need of some warmer shirts and PJs. When she woke up that morning she had two little dots on her face, which I just assumed was baby acne. Now going back a few days ago, she had a low grade fever, that didn't ever seem to really go away. She had a runny nose, and was cranky! But beings she is trying to have 4 teeth come in at once, none of those symptoms seemed out of the ordinary. So back to yesterday, when we got home from shopping, I was getting her a bottle and when I leaned down to give it to her, I noticed she had all these little spots all over her face! No mother likes to see spots on their child. I then checked the rest of her, and yup the spots where there too. So we went into the doctors, and it was confirmed that she has Roseola. I guess it's pretty common for children to get it. Luckily the spots don't itch, or I don't know what I would be doing with her. But apparently the fevers and runny nose is apart of it. You get a fever for a few days and then when the fevers stop, you get spots. I asked if she was contagious and she said that once the spots show up that she isn't. It also has an incubation period of 9-19 days!! Insane!! So the spots should start to go away in the next couple of days. The doctor also said that the spots would get worse before they got better, and yes that has occurred. This morning her little spots aren't so little. She is still a cutie! The pictures are hard to see the spots, but I think you can see the redness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really are very happy people!